These days, news papers, online editorials and magazines are filled with news on Iran and Syria. Of course, that is expected, as such sources need to stay current to stay in the game. My concern is that most of these articles talk about what to do about these situations.
One such article I just read in the Wall Street Journal talks about using CIA forces from countries near Syria and using it to take down Assad. John McCain, meanwhile, has said that sanctions haven't worked in Iran (Which is, in fact, a gross understatement; Iranians are facing hyperinflation of over 20% per day and food prices shot up 70%). I therefore, just want to clarity what I think we shouldnt do in thses to places:
- Don't make them another Iraq: Lies about WMD's in Iraq sparked great controversy in the US. And right now, its happening again. Under guise of arming the rebels, the US has been slowly positioning itself to enter another war, or atleast be a part of the rebellion. It so happens that the rebels are just as bad or worse than the military forces in terms of morality and "humane-ness". Also, Al-Quaeda is a part of this rebellion; we are, therefore, arming those who we are trying to protect against.
- Don't incite conflict: Many people in the US (this includes congressmen who ask for nuking Iran, to articles in the paper to use the CIA) believe the only answer to such problems are to intervene. That is not the solution in this case. Syria is an absolutely hands off affair, especially after Russia has sent 11 warships. Iran on the other hand, is already in turmoil; it's people cant afford food and though nuclear production hasen't stopped, it has slowed down significantly since the sanctions took effect. There's no reason to justify another intervention.
- Glorifying our prowess isn't working anymore: There used to be a time when we could go to war without major repurcussions, and we had support from other counrties. But as expected, that privilege has worn off due to our constant state of war and our interventions everywhere. We must be prudent; for there are now more countries that resent us than those that don't.
Just a few things I thought I should put out at this time. A reality check, if you may.
What do you think? Voice your opinions below!
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades