HOPEWELL, Va. (WTVR) -- A Hopewell circuit court judge has ordered that a Marine veteran detained over anti-government Facebook posts be released from a psychiatric hospital.
CBS 6 News' Catie Beck said the judge dismissed the case Thursday against Brandon Raub. The judge said the original petition for Raub's detention contained no facts. In other words, there was no information on why Raub was being held — and the judge deemed this violated his civil liberties.
As a result, the judge ruled law enforcement has no grounds to hold Raub.
Beck said the judge is in the process of writing an order for Raub's release. He is expected to be released from a the hospital in Salem, Virginia Thursday afternoon.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades