- Ron Paul fever is spreading across the country, but it faces furious opposition from the Republican Party establishment as Election Day nears. Following this week's primary victory in Texas, Massachusetts Governor Mitt Romney is all but guaranteed the GOP nomination for president at the upcoming Republican National Convention, slated for later this summer in Tampa, Florida. In the meantime, however, Congressman Ron Paul (R-Texas) has refused to withdraw his name from the race and is continuing to vie for the GOP nod.
- THE United States has denied it is secretly preparing legal action against Julian Assange as supporters of the WikiLeaks founder explore fresh legal moves to stop his extradition to Sweden to face questioning over rape allegations. The US ambassador to Australia, Jeffrey Bleich, yesterday rejected as ''an invention'' claims that Washington was preparing a warrant for the arrest of Mr Assange over WikiLeaks' role in publishing thousands of secret US diplomatic cables last year.
- WASHINGTON -- The number of U.S. citizens and green card holders on the FBI's terror watch list has more than doubled since Christmas 2009, when the attempted bombing of an airliner over Detroit exposed flaws in the list and gaps in how government agencies used the information to screen potential security threats.
- "This is the true power structure, the shadow government," said Shawn Flinchbaugh, 29. The machinist from York County, Pa., stood outside the conference center, clutching a handmade sign that read, "Bilderberg Scum." "They say they don't exist, but they do."
- WASHINGTON — The Obama administration is warning American businesses about an unusually potent computer virus that infected Iran's oil industry even as suspicions persist that the United States is responsible for secretly creating and unleashing cyberweapons against foreign countries.The government's dual roles of alerting U.S. companies about these threats and producing powerful software weapons and eavesdropping tools underscore the risks of an unintended, online boomerang.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.